Eric Sommer Personal Networking Document.
Table of Contents:
2. Interests and Chief Projects
3. Books and Articles
I”m Eric Sommer, a university teacher, journalist, organizer of workers and poor people, software developer, and social science theorist.
I’m a `generalist’ with very wide interests including:
1. Computers and Internet.I was chief designer and CEO for ADM: The Knowledge Management Desktop and will be CEO and chief designer for a forthcoming company which will produce QuickBrain, a web-based program which will enable users to create, capture, organize and reorganize all of their information at lightning speeds, and far more powerfully than is possible with existing systems such as Evernote or OneNote. I also avidly follow various technology trends in fields ranging from Augmented reality to write-ups for laypeople on emerging technologies such as Nano Technology, Robots, human genomics, and more.
2. Study and application of the Human Sciences. My degree is in anthropology and sociology, and I’ve been involved in the study and practical application of psychology, sociology, anthropology, history, comparative religion, economics, and philosophy for many years.
3. Total Development of The Human Being. Methods for healing and developing the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of human beings are another long-time personal interest and intellectual area for me. I have by now studied, used, or at least `touched on’, literally hundreds of methods and systems in this area. Qi Gong, Primal therapy, aerobic exercise, resistance training, and brain-tuning technology, are some of the methods I am currently working with in my own life.
4. The Enhancement of Human Creativity and Intellectual Functioning. Enhancement of human creativity is of great interest to me, and I have been involved in study and use of theoretical models and practical methods in this area for many years. Edward De Bonno’s `Lateral Thinking’, Ronald W. Reinhold’s `Creative Genius For Everyone’, and the `Precision Method’ of Grinder and McMaster are some of my current favorites in this area.
5. Political and Business Management and Organization. I have co-founded and been CEO of four small businesses.in the software, online HR recruiting, and other fields. I have special experize in business development. marketing and copywriting, e-business and e-marketing, and have also worked as a political organizer; and co-founded two socialist political movements in Canada. I also co-ordinated a legal defense fund for which defended poor people and political activists; and co-founded and co-ordinated the `Vancouver Dialogic Discussion Space’;I was also chief co-ordinator of the Chiapas Alert Network which defended the Mayan people of Chiapas state of Mexico from the right-wing death squads which menaced them in the late 1990’s.
I am interested in, and have made a study of, social scientific, philosophical, and leading-edge contemporary business management approaches to the management and organization of human endeavors. I have founded or co-founded a number businesses in the software, online HR recruiting, and other fields
6. The Seven Paths of Liberation. The `Seven Paths of Liberation’ is a phrase I coined to encapsulate the seven ways human beings have sought to liberate themselves and their world. These Seven Paths of Liberation are (not in order of importance): 1) the human potential movement; 2) the movements for progressive social change; 3) religion and spirituality; 4) feminism; 5) ecology; 6) progressive art; and 7) progressive science. I have had, and continue to have, both a practical and a theoretical-intellectual relationship to each of these paths. My pamphlet `The Seven Paths of Liberation: Foundation of Future Progress’ is available free to interested people.
7. Interpersonal Communication Skills. This is an area I have studied for many years. I have also developed my own system for `Stewardship communication skills’. This system involves methods which assist people: to listen to one another; to understand one another; to compassionately empathize with one another; and to find `mutual behavioral adjustments’ through which they can best promote one another’s optimum being.
8. Journalism and Writing. I have been formally trained in journalism and have worked as a journalist. I have also produced advertising, essays, political pamphlets. I am currently a regular contributor to ChinaDaily, the leading Chinese english language newspaper with a daily world wide readership of twenty million. I also write for Rt (Russia Today Global News Service www.rt.com ) which is the most popular news service in Facebook and second to the BBC in England; Canadian global research ( www.globalresearch.cn ) and other media.
9 Song-writing and Magic: I aspired to be a professional magician when I was a teenager and I still enjoy ‘pulling tricks’ on my friends, colleagues, and studets. I also occasionally write songs and play the guitar badly.
III. Documents Available on Request.
My associates and/or I have authored a large number of documents.. They describe various aspects of our world view or projects. Many of them are available at the Stewards Website and/or free in paper-based form. Here are some selected examples:
‘Building Socialist Networks’ by Eric Sommer, published in ‘From the Left’, a journal of the American Sociological Association, Marxist Section.
`The Stewards Corporation: A System For Total Human Development – Spiritual Politics For the 21st. Century’ by
`The Seven Paths of Liberation: Foundation of all Future Progress’ by Eric Sommer
`The Mind of The Steward: Inquiry-Based Philosophy for the 21st. Century’. by Eric Sommer. 175 pages.
`The Center For Total Human Development: A Proposal’. by Eric Sommer.
`The Stewards Code: A Shared Framework For Building A Future Together’ by Eric Sommer 25 pages.
`The Stewards Manifesto: Economic culture, Underclass, and Stewardship’ by Eric Sommer
`Socialist Networks’ by Eric Sommer, 10 pages, first published in summer 1997 issue of `From The Left’, official publication of the the progressive section of the American Sociological Association.
`The Steward’s Theory of Wholistic Economics: The Discovery, Creation, and Delivery of `Being Values’ by Eric Sommer. 25 pages.
`The Oikome: Steward’s Houses As Economic, Cultural, And Ecological Unities’. by Dr. Stuart Piddocke. 80 pages.
`The World As Interaction’. by Dr. Stuart Piddocke. 1200 pages.
`Of Human Synergy’ by Dr. Stuart Piddocke. 2200 pages.